"That is it folks. Three hours of my life I would love to have back. I could have watched Downton Abby of PBS and been more entertained. Have to go now. I need a nap. Or maybe even a Bloody Mary after reliving last night for the purpose of writing this article."
Say it ain't so, Joe! You, who have been in Washington since I was young man, stationed in Maine during the early 70's, you, who are a paragon of democrat virtue, you, a former VP under the worst president of all time, was besmirched by that little former HUD secretary! Julian Castro, what kind of a team player are you, anyhow? Come on, man! This is Uncle Joe! The walking gaffe machine! The stumbling, bumbling old man of the party. And you called him on a flip flop? In front of a shocked nation? Come on man! Have some compassion!
Actually, in a very predictable, and very dull evening, this was the spark the event needed. And guess who the crowd favorite was? Uncle Joe? No way, Jose! Andrew Yang. The guy who has never even run for dogcatcher, wants to give us (that be all of us), $1,000/month for doing nothing! Where would this money come from? Who cares? Probably the same place the $30T for Medicare for All would come from. Money trees, or black holes.
I gave up watching Cam Newton get beat by the Bucs last night to watch these Star Wars characters. Here are my observations:
- Warren - There must be a native word for "Angry Woman" that I could use. Man, oh man - this woman is pissed off about everything! Her star is growing dim.
- Harris - The African-American woman whose parents are not, has been reduced to a giggle-puss. Everything was funny to her. Hitting a dooby maybe? Expected her to get the blind munchies before the evening was over. Her star is very dim.
- Klobuchar - Yea! Her numbers have finally come up a bit. Why? Even a blind squirrel can find a nut from time to time. Yes, everyone else was so bad, Amos almost looked good. Her star got a bit brighter, believe it or not.
- Buttigieg - He faded into the wallpaper last night. Pete who? Nothing new under the sun. His star is almost too dim to see.
- Booker - Funniest line of the night. When asked a question about his diet, he answered, "No, and I will translate that into Spanish - No." Other than that, Cory was a non-factor. Much better when he attacks Uncle Joe. His star stayed about the same.
- Yang - A loon of the highest order. I have not heard one sane thing come out of his mouth about governance. This thing about giving money to people for doing nothing, that is not only nutty, it is a cornerstone of the Democrat Party. For some reason, his star got brighter last night.
- O'Rourke - Mr. Gun Grabber cooked his goose last night. Say goodnight Beto. You are now finished. His star just went out.
- Castro - I liked him the best of all last night. He is poised and unafraid to take on Uncle Joe. His positions are crazy, but I like how he presents himself. His star also go brighter (with me at least).
- Sanders - Give him credit. He got this nutty thing going four years ago. Once the solo socialist, he is now just one of the crowd. But his train left the station in 2016. Time to go back to the care center in Vermont Bernie, and take your meds. Oh, and a throat lozenge also. Bernie's star is hardly even a star anymore.
- Biden - Saved the best (or worst) for last. Everybody's favorite uncle. The gaffe master. Joe's train has also left the station. Maybe 20 years ago. Yet, he is still the odds on favorite to win the nomination. Trump will eat him for lunch in debates. Amazingly, Joe's star is still very bright. God help us all.
That is it folks. Three hours of my life I would love to have back. I could have watched Downton Abby of PBS and been more entertained. Have to go now. I need a nap. Or maybe even a Bloody Mary after reliving last night for the purpose of writing this article.