I give this offering from the senior U.S. Senator out of Hawaii.
Look, I'm not a big fan of the Trump rallies myself. My take is President Trump holds rallies in areas he won "bigly" in 2016 knowing his adoring supporters will turn out in droves. He'll then make statements from the podium that are (to be charitable) dubious in nature to which the crowd will applaud uproariously even if they're not being given concrete facts.
All that said, Sen. Schatz's contention that his fellow leftists are somehow above it all is itself highly dubious and indicative of the smugness which results in a Donald Trump presidency.
Schatz proudly states that he and his proggie ilk "are not actually out of their minds." Ummm, has he even met some of his fellow Democrats?
- Like Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), who implores her supporters to harass anyone associated with or supportive of the Trump presidency?
- How about Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) who advocates for open borders as well as shows support for a a leftist group which justifies using violence to achieve it's political goals?
- Then you have civil rights champion Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) who leads a "sit in" on the floor of the U.S. House until his fellow members of Congress pass legislation to, ironically, erode civil liberties.
- Former DNC chair and former governor of Virginia conveying that if Brett Kavanugh is confirmed to the Supreme Court that it will "threaten the lives of millions of Americans for decades to come."
- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi declaring the GOP tax reform plan as "Armageddon."
I could go on and on and on.
Benny Johnson of The Daily Caller provided even more examples of leftist "dark carnivals."
You say there is no "equivalent to the dark carnival that is a Trump rally." You say "This is not a thing on the left."
In the time since Trump has been President, your party has turned a blind-eye to these events:
1. Kathy Griffin 'beheading' the President
2. Snoop Dogg 'shooting' The President, rap about killing the president in a video
3. The President's 11 year-old son called a 'future serial killer' & 'animal mutilator' by prominent reporters on Twitter
4. Madonna declare, to a cheering audience, that we should 'blow up the White House'
5. Teacher suspended for pointing a 'gun' at image of Trump, screaming 'Die! Die! Die!'
6. Bernie Sanders supporter went on a bloody rampage against GOP members of congress, shooting & gravely injuring multiple Republicans
7. Stephen Colbert joke about the president giving a blowjob to Vladimir Putin
8. Joy Behar said that believing in Jesus is a “mental illness.”
9. The First Lady being called a 'whore' by a Democrat congressional candidate
10. Chelsea Handler mock Sarah Sanders’ looks, call her a ‘whore’
11. Democrat congressman make a blowjob joke about Kellyanne Conway
12. ESPN anchor Jemele Hill calling Trump a ‘white supremacist,’ lead a boycott against an NFL team for supporting Trump
13. Multiple members of the administration getting harassed, shouted-down, kicked out of restaurants just for working for the President.
14. Multiple arrests of people making death threats against the families of administration officials, most recently FCC Chair Ajit Pai
15. ESPN anchor Keith Olberman calling Trump a ’Nazi’ and wishing for the President’s death
I'm not saying all things Trump supporters do/say are correct. I'm simply saying Senator, you are blind.
Yet another validation of my friend and NARN colleague Mitch Berg's 7th Law of Liberal Projection. It's almost too easy sometimes.